Thursday 24 September 2015

About Leaving...

So my official move in date for my uni halls block is the 19th of September which is scary and exciting and all of the other teen 'coming of age' movie clichés that you can think of!

I've (mostly) cleared my room, packed a lot of my stuff into various bags and boxes and prepared my nicest sets of notebooks for the start of this whole university experience. 

I left my job at the end of August so that I now have three glorious weeks to spend time with my friends and family before this new life takes over, and suddenly simple things like watching a show with my mum are becoming laced with this awful sense of finality. I'm terrified of what I'll do when I end up living in a new house without the family I've grown up with, and I'm devastated to be moving away from the boyfriend who recently moved 200 miles to be closer to me. 



But I'm also looking forward to meeting a new halls family, thanks to Facebook groups and friendly people I vaguely know a few of my flatmates already, I'm just still desperately hoping they'll be as interested in hot chocolate and movie nights as I am... 


I'm not really a terribly brave person, and I don't think any amount of adventure tales and plastic weapons can change that factor of me. Truth is I'm scared to be in a new town, new room, new class, new friendship group and I could go on, but I find the best way to get myself into new things is to dive straight in when I'm at my most uncertain and resolve to make the best of it when the time comes. 

And if all goes totally and utterly horrifically I'll just hide out in my room with a mug of chocolate and a few good books. :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment