Monday 18 January 2016

Cosplay Update - Capable, Mad Max.

Whoopsie October got away from me and I forgot to post the finished article, but I did manage to finish my Capable cosplay in time for the convention so here's a little round-up of what happened!

1) I made a set of goggles from a PVC kind of material, the frames of some old sunglasses and the lid of a takeaway tub. For what they were and for the sake of keeping my costs down, I was pretty pleased with them!






2) I used a cheap pair of plimsolls, some faux suede material and plenty of hot glue to re-create the adorable desert booties! I couldn't find many pictures or stills of her shoes online or throughout the movie (understandably!) so I felt so proud of the results of these completely home-made shoes, and they were even comfortable enough to wear throughout the day of the convention! :)
 

3) A combined effort from myself, my boyfriend Steve and a ton of craft foam also led to our first ever foam project of his Mad Max mask! Although we had to be careful with it throughout the day (we still haven't quite figured out how to make the material solid after working it!) it turned out pretty good for a first attempt! 



Admittedly, the day was super cold because I essentially spent the whole time wearing a sheet and not much else, but it was so much fun meeting all of the other fantastic cosplayers and having some proper photos taken of the group!

Rob Parker's Photography Page

No comments:

Post a Comment